Electronic visitor management has been around for some 20 years, cloud visitor management solutions for 9-10 years. Today I will explore 7 of the most used features in visitor management software today.
1/ Host notification
- When the visitor signs in the host can receive an email or SMS
Every time a visitor or contractor signs into your location you can ask that they select a host, once the host is selected the host will receive a message via email or SMS to advise the person has arrived. In addition to this you could also send a message to the visitor once they sign in via email or SMS that includes brief health and safety information.
2/ Visitor pass
– includes directions and parking details to assist on arrival
Prior to a visitor signing in you can pre register the visitor in advance, doing this will allow you if you want to send an email to the visitor before they arrive that includes details about your location including the address, map, parking, wifi, local accommodation, cafes, airports and more.
– Employees can sign in and out their presence on site for evacuation
Once you start to have visitors and contractors sign in and out their presence on site we often get asked how do we get employees to sign in and out their presence so the evacuation report is complete. The most common way this is done is with a data feed from an existing time and attendance system like Deputy or you can get a data feed from an access control system that is collecting employee presence data as employees arrive and leave.
Employees can also complete company inductions and track qualifications like first aid, fire warden and forklift license.
– Many companies need to manage contractors today, both temporary and long term.
Once you need to track the presence of contractors on site many common questions come up.
Common questions asked include…..
- Can we build an induction for Contractors?
- Can we manage Contractor qualifications?
- Can we track insurances of the supplier like public liability?
- Can we check Contractor hours against invoices?
- Can a Contractor sign in with their mobile phone on a remote location?
- Can a Contractor complete an induction on a mobile phone?
- Can a Contractor get a message when signing in to a remote location?
- Can we easily report on hours per month for Contractors?
- Can we stop a Contractor signing in if an induction has expired?
- Can we trigger a message if a contractor signs in and the induction has expired?
The answer to all of these questions is yes. If you need to manage contractors and everything is currently completed on a spreadsheet register for a demonstration and lets take a look at how we can assist
– Central to any program today that is collecting data and lots and lots of data is reporting.
Having the ability to create reports you can save as favorites automatically saves you time every week, below I will detail some of the most popular reasons customers run reports. Each report gives you the ability to customize your view adding and removing columns as required.
Reports will allow you ……
- To know who is on site right now
- To see a list of people from one company that have visited your location over a period of time and who they visited
- To know how frequently suppliers are attending your locations nationally
- To run an evacuation report
- To see who has not completed an induction
- To see a list of all the access control cards that have been issued and not returned.
- To see the total hours a contractor has completed on site over the past 30 days
- To send information to another person
- Drill down into reports deeper using filters for any data kept
- Central to any visitor management system is an evacuation module.
By collecting the sign in and sign out for each person on site you automatically have an evacuation report as all people sign in and sign out their presence on and off site. You could stop in an emergency and try and print an evacuation report or you can leave the building immediately as directed and allow all fire wardens to use the evacuation app.
Compliance is the number one request from customers today, compliance of visitors with a short visitor induction, compliance for contractors including insurances and qualifications. Employee compliance managing inductions, qualifications and more.
register for a demonstration and lets take a look at how we can assist